20110117

Nail Art Stamp - Pink Nails with White Rose


I gave myself 4 White Roses...It has no meaning to it. I just like white against the baby pink. I also did this a few days ago, so they are a little chipped :S

This was something I did really quickly. I used Barry M. 309 Strawberry as a base coat. I then used the stamping method for the white rose, then a final clear top coat.

Okay so the stamping method I used and have used and mentioned before in the post Nail Art Stamp - Lace style tip

Not really knowing much about it, I was introduced by a friend who does this nail things...It's by a company called Konad. The 'tools' needed is a rubber stamp, scrapper, metal plate and nail polish.

They use a special type of polish - it has a thicker consistency and can't be used as normal polish. There are reviews saying that normal polishes work...and having tested it some actually do, But, Yes But...the effect is not as bold or strong. So I guess you don't have to get the special polish. But you will have to still get the metal plates, rubber stamp and scraper...(ebay will sell them - the price will vary)

The process (to me) is very much like screen printing (those who know the process will know).
The polish is like the ink, the scraper is the squeegee (if that is the name?)...

The only hard thing about it is knowing the correct position of where you want it to go on your nail..I mean it takes getting used to, and I've not done it that many times yet to have gotten used to it yet.

No comments: