20110101

Another year goes by 2010 - 2011

I hate to believe that it’s now 2011, it felt like Christmas and New Year has really crept up upon me. I remember my gullible innocence being 10 living life carelessly without any worries in the world.

Not to dwell too much of my childhood or my memorable past…What has changed since 2010?? Well, so much, too much in the matter of time that seemed so short. It was only like yesterday that I celebrated New Years with a group of university friends down New Cross- South London. This year I wanted a mellow New Year and stayed in with a few close friends.

The thought of graduation this summer scares me. I mean yes graduating means finally being able to say “I have a degree no more education!”, slaving away coursework and deadlines. Life without university is almost like not having something anymore after going through education from the age of 5. Total independence, a job, waking up at moderate hours everyday…I mean I’m not quite sure which direction I want to go into yet. All I know is that I’ve given myself a years deadline to get somewhere in Design, and if not its back to university for a year to be certified to be a teacher. And then hopefully I’d get somewhere and maybe even teach internationally.

During this year I’ve gone through a lot of highs and lows. But I think most importantly learning about myself.
I’ve learnt
…that I can be a strong person, but at the same time stubborn
…who the important people are in my life
…that I never needed to rely on anyone, except for the important people when I needed them
…that I’m quite optimistic
… my confidence has grown around certain people. I am myself around them
…that I’ve never cared about people’s opinion of me…I’m a bitch, yeah well, so what? What are you going to do about that?
…I subliminally provoke people, especially if I know they dislike a specific quality of me
…that I never found it boring to be my own company or entertainment, I quite enjoy it
…that I’ve found joy in the things I did in the past, again
…that I’m quite a loner…and it doesn’t bother me, if anything it’s a simpler life
…that I don’t want to be a housewife unless I have succeeded with a career and over the age of 30

There are other thinks that I’ve learnt too, but thinking about it I knew this all along, but I guess it’s not a lesson learnt right?!
…there are people who really can not keep their mouths shut!
…people chat shit to get what they want
…people play with your emotions
…there are people with different personalities around different people
…the people who cause the most damage are the ones you care for
…people use you without a care of your feelings
…people don’t keep to their word
…some people are not worth your patience, forgiveness or love

I think that this year will be a year full of great challenges and open doors for opportunities to become a greater person. I really hope to become a better person in everyway, to develop and progress to better things.

I hope everyone a Happy New Year, A New Year for New progressions.

No comments: