20110108

Trail: Paper Poetry. Pop-Up Book. David Pelham




This pop up book is amazing! I was looking for this book in stores, the used to have it waterstaones, but they have been discontinued in the UK so you can't buy it anymore. But without fair, we have Amazon so I ordered it online :) I think it is worth what I paid for.

It has been amazingly design and constructed with so much detail. It looks so delicate...I actually don't let my little brother touch it! I was also really careful with opening it when it arrived, that and some pieces needed a bit of 'a lift' to expand properly. I have a few more pop-up books at home but this is one of the best ones. This one may also not have as much pages as other pop-up books but with the prestige detailing on the pop ups like the photo I've taken-there is a little bug inside the tree trunk! I don't think it is possible to get bored of this book, I mean every time I look at this book I always stare at a page for a while, it fascinates me. I would love to be able to produce something like this.

The book is a poetry of a snail making its journey around. My sister asked why the book was all white, I don't know the exact reason but I thought that it was because it reflects on the idea of the snails trail. I also think that if there was colour in the page it would be too much on a page especially with the detailed paper crafting on the page. However on the last page in the reflection in the 'water' mirror there is a little colour.

Theses are the book details:
Name: rail: Paper Poetry.
By: David Pelham
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia. Pop Edition 2007
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416948945
ISBN-13: 978-1416948940
Size: 227mm x 227mm x 60mm

No comments: