20101220

Theatre Experiences - Wicked was Wicked



Some girls and I went to see Wicked in theatre on Friday 17th December.
Wicked is one of the stage performances I’ve always wanted to go see. I think my passion for theatre stared around the age of 10 on a school trip to watch “Bugsy Malone”. I actually don’t remember much of it except I really enjoyed this 30’s? Gangster musical. It was also my first experience of a musical in theatre.
My second experience to a musical was not as interesting, it was also a short show with a workshop – school trip. I actually don’t remember much of it, except it was based on actors who had disabilities – death and dumb. I actually don’t remember how that worked out but it was definitely an experience.
My third musical was “Sweet Charity” I saw this as a college production and really enjoyed it. I then later – a few years later I think earlier this year, where I went to see it in theatre.

But back to Wicked, it was amazing and I really enjoyed it.
I didn’t know much of the play except that it was related to the story of “The Wizard of Oz”…well it is called “Wicked, The untold Story of the Witches of Oz”.

No comments: