20101222

Angora Leopard Hat


I got this as a gift...First thing I noticed was leopard print!! yay...grey...yay....then the soft ness and rubbing it against my face...not noticing it was Angora-Rabbit Hair!! Like OMFD! I have a rabbit on my head and rubbed it against my face!!!.
I only knew Angora is rabbit hair but didn't know the type of rabbit so I Google it...well its some hairy beast!! o.O Okay that might be a little mean, but it is a really fluffy rabbit. It's cute, but not skinned or on my head :S
I dislike fur, especially real or fake. I had a friend in a real fur jacket and she was giving me a hug, I couldn't hug her...She said it was vintage, and fair enough, I get how vintage is better than new freshly skinned fur coat. But to me it is still fur...I also understand that once it's done it's done, I personally won't purchase fur products, however I now do own some stuff that has fur as they, like this hat is given. I also noticed that a few of my Holister hoodies have Angora hair too :S

I read an article some time back and it was said that the fake fur on your reasonably priced Topshop or wherever jacket that is so called "fake fur" can actually be a mixture of real fur...just not the expensive type like fox or rabbit...is racoons expensive?? But anyway it's admixture of like ferret, weasel, otter, wolves, cat etc...

I guess my Angora hat is different as the hair has been cut of rather than skinned. Like sheep wool I guess. I don't know I haven't touched the hat since I found out, to be honest it's actually in a plastic bag in my room :| Sorry, but I'm not going to lie, it's the truth.

No comments: