20110205

Revisiting Mansfield Park, Jane Austen

I recently started reading Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. It is a book I've read before when I was around 15 and this was after I watched the film interpretation of the book.

My copy of the book actually belongs to my oldest sister, it's a bit 'rough' but you can only imagine the years. I guess you can say my sister is the one who inspired me to watch the films and get into reading the books.

I don't know why but I really like stories set in the 19th century. I also like the costumes as to why I like to watch the films and I'm too lazy to read a book, where it is summarised in film. Another of Jane Austens books I like is 'Pride and Prejudice'. 'Emma' and 'Sense and Sensibility' is next up.
I also really like Charlotte Brontes 'Jane Eyre'. When choosing a book to read it was between Jane Eyre and Mansfield Park.

I was reading this on the tube on my way home and I missed my stop. I stayed on the train to the next route, it took a bit longer as it was rush hour too, but I got to read more of it :)

No comments: