20110227

Mercedes-Benz illustration advertisement


Illustration is growing in advertisement design, this is one of the examples used for a Mercedes-Benz poster design. It is also used among other media like CD covers, certain magazine covers, surface design etc...
I'm not really an illustrator I find that I don't have a sense of drawing style that I work to, I mean I am capable of drawing and mimicking other drawing styles but not one of my own, and I think to be an illustrator or animator you have to have a certain style that you work to make your 'identity' I guess. There are some amazing stuff out there, some of which are fellow students on my course. I shall see if I can get my hands on some of their stuff to show :)

The writing reads:

Left brain

I am the left brain.
I am a scientist. A mathematician. I love the familiar. I categorize. I am accurate. Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical. Always in control. A master or words and language. Realistic. I calculate equations and play with numbers. I am order. I am logic. I know exactly who am.

Right brain

I am the right brain.
I am creativity. A free sprit. I am passion. Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter. I am taste. The feeling of sand beneath bare feet. I am the urge to paint on an empty canvas. I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel. I am everything I wanted to be.

No comments: